Saturday, January 02, 2010

Patchwork is vintage

Patchwork = Sholder Bag..= Totes Bag = Sling Bag = 2010

Yesterday I was working with some beautiful mix colours material I bought recently. It is an amazing colour! Well, I think so anyway. It’s a wool mix and really soft to the touch. I have had to use a sew in interfacing though as it wasn’t keeping it’s shape as well as denim does. I love the look though. 






 
I just couldn’t resist and had to have some. I’ve already used some of it on two of the bags I was working on yesterday. One is a messenger bag (bottom, left) and the other is a shoulder bag (bottom, right). 
I also love the little elephant embroidery. I got some of those last week and sewed them onto a little book and purse-set which I had made especially collection for this year (2010).
The problem now, is that I’ve run out of strap so I can’t finish off the bags. I’ve done as much as I can and now they’re just lying there waiting. I know, I know, it wasn’t very good planning but I went to buy some yesturday, but the shop had run out as well. I’ve now ordered a whole roll so hopefully it will last a little while. I’ll take pictures when I’ve finished them and you can tell me what you think.


No comments: